Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||BIOCONTROL Sales Representative|
|Employment Location||Northern California|
|Company Description||Boost Biomes is using the powerful social networks among microbes to provide novel, sustainable solutions to feed and heal people everywhere. Our first products are bio fungicides for high value fruits and vegetables.|
|Pay Scale||Dependent on Experience|
|Employment Start Date||Nov 2021|
|Job Description|| The Biocontrol Sales Representative is a highly motivated individual, with a passion for agriculture and excellent interpersonal skills, who will bring relevant sales experience to help lead the launch, marketing, and sales of the company’s first products in the western U.S. grapes market. |
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• You will create strong relationships with growers, retailers, distributors, farm and vineyard management service companies through direct calls, business meetings, workshops, seminars and demonstration tours.
• Using your strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, you will assess market dynamics, provide insides to the internal commercial team.
• Meet or exceed district sales, profit and market share targets with channel partners, key producers and other customers within the assigned territory.
• In this role, you will be a founding member of the sales organization and an integral member of a high performing commercial organization working together to bring new, safe, biological solutions to growers everywhere.
• Develop and maintain trusted relationships with growers
• Create demand at the customer level, ensuring that the customer is knowledgeable about our products and has further interest in Boost Biomes solutions
• Responsible for trade shows, tours and product launches
• Deliver campaigns and offers to targeted customers through selected channel partners
• Manage recommendations and complaints/issues in the field as needed
• Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights
• Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within area
• Relay accurate forecasting for customers within territory
|Contact Info||Please send resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact Address|| 1000 Marina Blvd |
Brisbane, CA 94005
|Contact Phone||831 884 3132|
|Other Information|| Qualifications|
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Marketing, and/or Science
• 2 years relevant experience, i.e. agronomy, farm, retail within the crop protection industry
• Solid business acumen and ability to understand business financials and price/volume relationships
• Demonstrated ability to establish meaningful and impactful relationships with customers
• 65-75% weekly travel within territory is required
• Strong knowledge of crop protection and requirements for disease control, as well as familiarity with on farm best practices
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Organizational and planning skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient in the use of Excel
• Strong knowledge of biocontrol products is preferred
Return to Main List